Behold The World's Largest Photo Ever Taken Indoors: 40 Gigapixels Of Awesome
Inspiring: Kik Founder Donates $1M To Kickstart University of Waterloo Seed Fund
We interrupt our live coverage of breaking news about Internet companies from around the world to point you to this phenomenal 360-degrees photo (okay, actually it is 2,947 pictures stitched together). It is, to our and the photographer's knowledge, the largest photo ever taken indoors with 280,000 x 140,000 pixels of awesomesauce.
In the screenshot above, in the portray on the ceiling, do you see that angel holding a book, correct below the cross? No worries if you can not, because I zoomed in to give you a close-up:
that is how freaking amazing this picture is.
The photo was taken by photographer and 360cities founder Jeffrey Martin, and shows the interior of the magnificent, 18th-century baroque library you can find inside the Strahov Monastery in Prague, Czech Republic. For more background, head on over to Wired.
The details, for the fans, courtesy of Martin:
The photo is 40 gigapixels (40,000 megapixels); 280,000 x 140,000 pixels; created of 2947 images joined together; used a Canon 550D and 200mm lens; print size 23m x 11m; stitched dossier size 280GB; cut into 85,000 tiles for web delivery.
Okay, okay - one more:
Oh, so you thought that was it? Nuh uh! Here is a video for good degree:
- Founded 2007
- Overview 360 Cities collects, commissions, hosts, and organizes the world's best immersive panoramic photography on the web. Our goal is to bring 360 VR photography to the leadingstream, and create new applications from this geographic data. We aim to cover hundreds of cities with tens of thousands of artistic, high-resolution, spherical panoramas. As a community, we allow any skilled VR photographer to …
- Location Prague, Hlavni mesto Praha
- Categories Curated Web, Maps, Virtual Worlds, Photography
- Founders Jeffrey Martin, David Martinelli
- Website http://360cities.net
- Full prodossier for 360Cities
Latest Crunch Report
Smartmatters Debuts New Smart domestic Hub, Sensors | Crunch Report